Gary Bunzer the RV Doctor shows how to avoid potential RV problems by cleaning your electrical hookup cord. Before you connect your RV to an electricity supply, make sure to clean and brighten the metal contacts on your shoreline cord. Use fine-grade steel wool to clean all surface corrosion off your cord's prongs. You can also use sandpaper, emery cloth or any other gentle abrasive. After you get the metal prongs clean and shiny, use a dauber or brush to coat the surface of the prongs with a preserver or contact cleaner such as DeoxIT. This protects against contaminants which can lead to poor electrical conductivity. Allow to air-dry for a few minutes. Follow these steps two or three times a year, and you will prevent most electrical RV problems related to cord hookups.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades