This video shows you the proper way to clean your spark plug to ensure it is working efficiently. A step by step written guide.
1. Firstly done, your safety gear: this includes safety glasses and gloves.
2. Place your spark plug in a vice with the electrode facing up toward you.
3. Grab a wire brush, and then brush the spark plug around the electrode to remove carbon build up.
4. Once the the spark plug has been wire brushed much of the carbon on it will have been removed. Take a piece of 220 emery paper.
5. Place the emery paper between the two electrodes. Move the paper side to side against the top hooked electrode.
6. Turn the paper over and clean the bottom electrode in the same manner.
7. Using a can of compressed air or an air hose blow the dust and debris off the spark plug. This allows a maximum connection between the two electrodes.
8. Now the gap between the two electrodes needs to be measured. Use a Feeler Gauge to accomplish this. Each plug has specific gap measurement choose the appropriate gauge size. It should slide between the electrodes with minimal resistance.
Following these steps will allow you to clean a spark plug quickly and efficiently.
Start your career in Graphic Design with the WonderHowTo's Beginners’s Guide to Photoshop Course