Richpin demonstrates how to clean the throttle body on a Saturn S-series car. First, remove the accelerator cables using a tool like a pen. Next, remove the top hose. Remove the wires from the throttle position sensor. In the back are wires for the idle control valve. Remove them. Remove the 10 millimeter nuts and bolts and brackets by the EGR. Once the hardware is removed, tap the top with a screwdriver and the throttle body will come off. From the throttle body, remove the throttle position sensor which is held on by bolts. Pull the sensor off. Next, remove the idle air control valve which is held on by bolts. Pull the idle air control valve off. Remove the O-ring. Clean the throttle body by using carb choke cleaner or a product made specifically for throttle bodies. Spray the cleaner in the throttle body and massage it with an acid brush. Use Brakleen to clean the choke spray cleaner residue. Use compressed air to dry it. Point the pin of the idle air control valve down and clean the mechanism with choke cleaner, Brakleen and compressed air. Finally, reassemble the throttle body.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades