How to Service a Peugeot 206 Compact Car
This video gives a step by step tutorial how to service a Peugeot 206 with the 1.4 liter engine. Please note that the video is not in English, but you can follow along by watching the video and following the written instructions below.
Step 1 Work under the car.
- Change the oil and replace the oil filter. The engine must be warm. Open the drain plug, and loosen the filter with a filter wrench. Drain the oil system completely. Coat the rubber gasket of the filter with grease and fasten it by hand only. Fill 3.3 liters of oil in and run the engine for a short time. Check the oil and refill it to maximum.
- Check the gear box oil. When the oil is coming out from the drain plug, the level is correct.
- Check the brake calibers and see if all pipes are tight.
- Look for the brake disks and pads.
- Check the level of the brake liquid. This doesn't have to filled to maximum, but it must be above the minimum. Don't refill unless it is below minimum. In this case there must be a leak.
- Inspect the drive axle boots.
- Check the front suspension.
- Check the steering tie-rod ends and the inner boots.
- Look for leakages from the power steering.
- Check level of power steering liquid.
- Inspect the rear axles and their suspensions.
- Follow the exhaust pipe starting from the engine. Look for the rubber hangers and holes in the pipes.
- Replace the fuel filter at the tank.
- Check the pressure in the spare wheel.
- Inspect the engine from below.
Step 2 Work at the engine from above.
- Put some grease on the clutch cable.
- Replace the spark plugs.
- Adjust the valves. The intakes have 0.15 to 0.25. The outlet 0.35 to 0.45 mm.
- Check the timing belt.
- Check the drive belt of the alternator.
- Replace the air filter.
- Replace the cabin air filter.
- Check the level of the cooling liquid by holding a torch inside.
- Add some water and washing liquid for the windshield wipers.
- Put some oil on the hood latch.
- Put some grease on the throttle cable.
- Inspect the engine from above.
- Service the battery.
Step 3 Work inside the cabin.
- Check all lights.
- Check the horn.
- Check all tires and their pressure.
- Put some oil in the locks and latches of the doors.
- Put some oil to door hinges and tethers.
- To reset the service interval, hold the button of the odometer pressed down and turn on ignition. Wait for the countdown and after zero release the button.
- If you have the possibility, make a read-out of the error codes.