This video gives a step by step tutorial how to service a Porsche 944. The service is demonstrated on an S2, but most steps are very similar for other versions.
Step 1 Working under the car
- Remove engine's undercover.
- Change oil and filter.
- Inspect the engine's lower side.
- Check the front stabiliser.
- Inspect the boots on the tie rods, and lubricate the universal joint of the drive shaft.
- Check tightness of the power steering gear.
- Mount the engine's undercover.
- Check the steering tie-rod ends.
- Control the front suspension.
- Check the front brakes for leaks.
- Inspect the plates and discs of the front brake.
- Check the clutch disc through the inspection hole at the bell housing.
- Check the clutch operating cylinder.
- Check the exhaust system.
- Examine the fuel hoses and lines.
- Check the brake lines for tightness and corrosion.
- Check the transmission for leakages.
- Look for the drive axle boots in and outside.
- Check the rear suspension and dampers.
- Check the rear brake calibers for leakage.
- Check the rear brake discs and plates.
- Replace the fuel filter (after 40000 km only).
Step 2 Working at the engine from above
- Check condition and tension of the drive belts for the power steering and the alternator.
- Check the tension and condition of toothed belts.
- Dismount the end plate of the front.
- Replace air filter.
- Check the air intake systen for tightness.
- Lubricate the throttle cable and the joints.
- Put the front plate back.
- Inspect the cooling radiator.
- Check the engine from above.
- Inspect all hoses of the cooling system.
- Clean and lubricate pop-up headlight linkage.
- Check level of the cooling liquid and control the antifreeze.
- Check fluid level in steering servo unit.
- Check the level of the brake liquid.
- Check the water level in the reservoir for the windshield.
- Check the water in battery.
- Renew the spark plugs.
Step 3 Service points outside the car
- Check play of front wheel bearings.
- Check condition of the tires and correct tire pressure.
- Adjust parking brake.
- Lubricate door hinges and tethers.
- Lubricate the door support.
- Lubricate locks and latches.
- Treat seals on doors, hoods and hard-top; remove abraded rubber.
Step 4 Working in the cabin
- Check the security belts.
- Check the lights.
- Check the horn.
- Check the electrical system like the opener for the rear hood.
- Check the free way of the clutch and brake pedal.
- Test the brake booster.
- Check the heating and ventillation
Step 5 Test drive the car
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades