This video gives a step by step tutorial how to service a Porsche 944. The service is demonstrated on an S2, but most steps are very similar for other versions.
Step 1 Working under the car
- Remove engine's undercover.
- Change oil and filter.
- Inspect the engine's lower side.
- Check the front stabiliser.
- Inspect the boots on the tie rods, and lubricate the universal joint of the drive shaft.
- Check tightness of the power steering gear.
- Mount the engine's undercover.
- Check the steering tie-rod ends.
- Control the front suspension.
- Check the front brakes for leaks.
- Inspect the plates and discs of the front brake.
- Check the clutch disc through the inspection hole at the bell housing.
- Check the clutch operating cylinder.
- Check the exhaust system.
- Examine the fuel hoses and lines.
- Check the brake lines for tightness and corrosion.
- Check the transmission for leakages.
- Look for the drive axle boots in and outside.
- Check the rear suspension and dampers.
- Check the rear brake calibers for leakage.
- Check the rear brake discs and plates.
- Replace the fuel filter (after 40000 km only).
Step 2 Working at the engine from above
- Check condition and tension of the drive belts for the power steering and the alternator.
- Check the tension and condition of toothed belts.
- Dismount the end plate of the front.
- Replace air filter.
- Check the air intake systen for tightness.
- Lubricate the throttle cable and the joints.
- Put the front plate back.
- Inspect the cooling radiator.
- Check the engine from above.
- Inspect all hoses of the cooling system.
- Clean and lubricate pop-up headlight linkage.
- Check level of the cooling liquid and control the antifreeze.
- Check fluid level in steering servo unit.
- Check the level of the brake liquid.
- Check the water level in the reservoir for the windshield.
- Check the water in battery.
- Renew the spark plugs.
Step 3 Service points outside the car
- Check play of front wheel bearings.
- Check condition of the tires and correct tire pressure.
- Adjust parking brake.
- Lubricate door hinges and tethers.
- Lubricate the door support.
- Lubricate locks and latches.
- Treat seals on doors, hoods and hard-top; remove abraded rubber.
Step 4 Working in the cabin
- Check the security belts.
- Check the lights.
- Check the horn.
- Check the electrical system like the opener for the rear hood.
- Check the free way of the clutch and brake pedal.
- Test the brake booster.
- Check the heating and ventillation
Step 5 Test drive the car
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.