Use snow tires in the winter. Special patterns in the tread encourage the tires to grip the road better than regular tires. Snow tires are especially helpful if your car has rear wheel drive to discourage fish tailing.
Choose all-season tires for your car. All-season tires have tread patterns that are great for gripping the road and are also lightweight which encourage better gas mileage (as compared to heavier snow tires.) You also avoid the burden of changing your tires each season.
Install tire chains to winterize your car's tires. Tire chains are accessories you can install at home that keep the tires in contact with the surface of the road during especially wintry conditions.
Monitor the tire pressure often during the winter to ensure your tires are properly inflated. Cold temperatures have a negative effect on how well your tire pressure is maintained. Driving on tires that aren't properly inflated is hazardous and impedes fuel efficiency.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades