Richpin demonstrates how to test an alternator with a standard multimeter. First make sure that the vehicle's battery is fully charged. Take the negative lead of the multimeter and put it on the negative post of the battery. Place the positive lead of the meter on the positive lead of the battery. Set the meter to DC voltage using the 20 scale and read the display to ensure the battery is fully charged. Next start up the vehicle and see what the alternator is producing. The display should now read one volt over the initial reading. If the reading remains the same, then the alternator is not producing any electricity. Now, turn on the lights and heater blower to see, if the alternator is weak. Let the car run for a while and if the display holds its reading, then the alternator is working fine.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades