Watch this "Grease On Your Hands" video tutorial from the Washington Post to see how to check and charge car air conditioner properly.
When servicing any automobile, you should always wear appropriate eye-protection as well as ensure your working environment is properly ventilated. When working underneath a vehicle, always secure it with a floor jack and jack stands or drive-on lift ramps. You're going to get greasy as well so keep a healthy supply of rags on hand to sop up the mess!
Necessary Materials: A/C System Meter and R-134a Refrigerant & Oil Combo Canister (if your vehicle uses R-12, you will need to take it in to a service center since R-12 is not available for public consumption, due to its overly detrimental effects on the environment)
Instructions and Tips:
1. Turn on the Vehicle and switch on your A/C settings to maximum cold.
2. Locate your Low Pressure A/C spigot, located on the A/C line feeding directly into the A/C compressor (the unit with the belt on it). The spigot should be labeled with an "L" or "Low". Do not use the High Pressure hose, it will likely damage your meter and might even cause damage to the entire system.
3. Attach the meter onto the "Low" line spigot and determine if you need additional coolant.
4. If so, screw the canister onto the fitting of the meter/changer and add in refrigerant, constantly monitoring the pressure level to ensure that you do not overfill! You can seriously damage your system by overfilling.
5. After fully recharging the system, make note of the pressure level and recheck this in about a week to ensure your system contains no leaks. If you realize diminished cooling power or a loss in pressure, you probably have a leak. Please allow a professional to service the system, sealing up any leaks you might be experiencing.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades